AmeriCorps Logistics Coordinators serves as the backbone of SBP’s construction department. Logistics Coordinators ensure that SBP is represented in a positive and professional manner by completing each project on time and on schedule, interacting positively with colleagues and subcontractors, maintaining tools, ordering supplies and focusing on safety in the warehouse and at each job site.
- Effectively schedule prompt and accurate deliveries of supplies so that projects get completed on time and on schedule.
- Schedule and conduct deliveries and other tasks to ensure optimal efficiency throughout each day and week.
- Schedule & coordinate various inspections with the Office of Safety and Permits and/or grant inspectors according to the guidance and direction of Project Managers and Senior Construction Staff.
- Work with subcontractors to obtain estimates and coordinate projects.
- Order all site services, assessments and clearances, set up temporary and permanent utility account
- Be at least 17 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Valid and current Driver’s license
- Willingness to drive large company vehicles such as trucks and vans.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Monthly Living allowance of $1,263
- An additional $150 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA.
- Free limited benefits health coverage.
- An education award of $5,815 upon successful completion of each 10 month term.
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during your service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further your career