AmeriCorps Logistics Coordinator
AmeriCorps Logistics Coordinators serve as the backbone of SBP’s construction department. Logistics Coordinators ensure that SBP is represented in a positive and professional manner by completing each project on time and on schedule, interacting positively with colleagues and subcontractors, maintaining tools, ordering supplies and focusing on safety in the warehouse and at each job site.
- Effectively schedule prompt and accurate deliveries of supplies so that construction sites have what they need to complete each project on time and on schedule.
- Schedule and conduct deliveries and other tasks to ensure optimal efficiency throughout each day and week.
- Schedule & coordinate various inspections with the Office of Safety and Permits and/or grant inspectors according to the guidance and direction of Project Managers and Senior Construction Staff.
- Work with subcontractors to obtain estimates and coordinate projects.
- Order all site services, assessments and clearances, set up temporary and permanent utility account
- Able to carry up to 50lbs
Successful Team Members at SBP are:
- Aligned with our mission to shrink the time between disaster and recovery
- Coachable, curious and eager to learn
- Hard workers who are able to be successful with limited supervision
- Effective problem solvers or very interested in learning how to become one
- Team players who both communicate and work effectively in a diverse group
- Comfortable in a startup or entrepreneurial environment weekly with your direct supervisor to discuss each client’s case.
- Advocate for the client both to outside organizations and internally within SBP.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must have a driver's license in good standing
- No major driving or moving violations in the last 5 years
- Monthly Living allowance of $1,373
- An additional $150 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA.
- Free limited benefits health coverage.
- An education award of $5,920 upon successful completion of each 10 month term.
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during your service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further your career
- Potential opportunities to travel in order to respond to disaster events